Lake Tahoe Restaurants & Places to Eat
Though Lake Tahoe is known for its range of outdoor activities and festivals, it also offers an amazing range of restaurants, grills and cafes for foodies to explore and enjoy. From old standbys to undiscovered gems favored by the locals, there is something for everyone here.
Our Picks for the Best Restaurants in Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe locals know the importance of a full belly and a happy family when you’ve just been hitting the slopes or out on the lake all day. Whether you are looking for fine dining, a hearty breakfast, cheap eats or a burger you will never forget, there is culinary excitement for every taste and appetite. Here are a few of our favorite places to eat on the north and west sides of the lake:
- Jake’s on the Lake — Located directly on Lake Tahoe, Jake’s on the Lake has been serving fresh seafood, high-quality meat and seasonal produce inspired by California and Hawaiian cuisines for over 40 years! Head to this lakefront restaurant for stunning views and their warm “Mountain Aloha” hospitality.
- Char-Pit — You know what this place is about just from the name. If you want a delicious, affordable burger, the Char-Pit in King Beach is the place to go. When you’ve got a craving for meat and don’t care for fine dining, their patties and ribs know no competition.
- Sunnyside Restaurant & Lodge — We all know and love that classic lodge-style restaurant which serves hearty, soul-warming food against a backdrop of stunning views. Sunnyside offers all of this year-round, with both, a fine dining menu and affordable bites. There’s also a large patio to enjoy the warmer weather as you feast on delicious fare.
- Fire Sign Cafe — Established in 1978, Fire Sign Cafe has continued to offer exceptional food and service for over 40 years. They serve breakfast and lunch 7 days a week and offer a great selection of vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- The Dam Cafe — Every local will tell you that the bacon breakfast burrito at the Dam Cafe is a must. If you’re in a rush and want a quick, satisfying breakfast or lunch, this place has you covered with tasty, no-nonsense food, snacks and drinks to keep you going throughout the day.
Experience a Wonderful Array of North Lake Tahoe Dining Options
No matter what you are craving there is no doubt something nearby in Lake Tahoe to satisfy that hankering! From quick deli sandwich options to sit down options, bars, grills, taverns and cafes no matter breakfast, lunch or dinner there is a great Tahoe restaurant awaiting your visit. Explore dining and restaurants options below. Once you’ve picked your top Tahoe restaurants to try, book a Lake Tahoe vacation rental close to your favorites!